Strathfillan Wigwam® Village is located just south of Tyndrum in the hills of the Trossachs National Park, home to some of Scotland’s most stunning scenery and its second-most famous loch (just behind that one with the monster!). This sheep farm boasts 22 Wigwam® Cabins and 5 Wigwam lodges, making it one of CosyOutdoors largest sites and justifying its status as a Wigwam Village.
The site is surrounded by evergreen forests and heather-covered mountains. Wake up to the sound of birdsong, children playing, and the patter of water as it makes its way down into the River Fillan. Relax by the fire at night and see nothing but stars and the shadows of nearby mountains. Strathfillan Wigwam Village is the perfect wild Scottish glamping escape. Being only a stone’s throw from Edinburgh and Glasgow however, you won’t have to go on a long wild journey to get there.
Glencoe mountain resort is just a 25-minute drive up the road and it’s well worth a visit. The resort is open all year round, with skiing in the winter and chairlift assisted mountain biking in the summer. Glencoe is one of Scotland’s most breathtaking landscapes. If hurtling down hills on mountain bikes or skis isn’t for you then why not go for a walk on one of the many hiking trails in the area? If you’re not in the mood for too much activity then you can always enjoy a hot drink in the resort’s cafe while you take in the surrounding views of this famous Scottish glen.
Even closer to hand are the four Munro’s that make up the nature reserve of Ben Lui. These mountains loom over Strathfillan Wigwam Village and can make for a great day out, walking throw lush carpets of moss and lichen. You could hike up the mountains or meander around the base of the reserve searching for a glimpse of one of the bald eagles that live there!
For something equally as Scottish but a little more genteel, there is a number of highly regarded golf courses within a half hours drive. Killin and Dalmally golf clubs both have stunning courses and are only a short drive away (17 minutes to Dalmally and 28 minutes to Killin).
Even without the golf clubs, Killin has a lot to offer. The town is home to the absolutely stunning, ‘Falls of Dochart’. Here the river Dochart crashes over huge slabs of rock under the town bridge and around the islands of Inbuie, the ancient burial place of the Clan Macnab. Famous for their challenge against the great Scottish warrior, Robert the Bruce.
Strathfillan Wigwam Village prides itself on being a family-friendly glamping destination. Give your little ones the chance to see bunnies and chickens while they run to the farm shop for eggs in the morning. Play hide and seek in the forest and learn how to make a fire worthy of toasting marshmallows on. They’ll love the freedom this site offers!
- 6 Buildings with private bathrooms
- 1 Running Water Deluxe Wigwam cabin (sleeps up to 4 people)
- 4 Lodge cabins (sleep up to 5 people)
- Bed linen (hire available)
- Duvet and Pillows
- Firewood (purchase available at farm shop)
By car (follow satnav for FK20 8RU)
Entrance to glampsite: ///star.lurching.polar
Strathfillan Wigwam® Village
- Fires are only permitted in the metal fire bins provided, all wood must be bought at the shop on site, any other wood must be declared on arrival and a charge for use of the fire bin will be issued. Burning of any other materials e.g. glass, bottles or cans, are totally prohibited as is the removal for burning of any wood or property from the Wigwam site, anyone burning live trees and any unruly guests will be asked to leave the site. Please keep noise to an acceptable level at all times.
- Please adhere to the speed limit on all access roads. Always be aware of children, all farm vehicles, animals and dogs.
- Say out of farm buildings at all times.
- Do not place disposable barbecues on picnic benches or wooden steps outside the Wigwam Cabins.
- Please be aware of overhead when fishing or flying kites.
- Arrival from 3pm and departure by 10.30 am.
In the event of cancellations or no-shows, we do not offer any (either full or partial) refund. However, if more than 48 hours notice is given, we may, at our discretion, offer an alternative date suitable to you only if we have the availability to do so.